[Nagiosplug-devel] check_by_ssh patch

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Tue Mar 30 22:52:08 CEST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:23:24 +0100
Howard Wilkinson <howard at cohtech.com> wrote:

> A simple patch for check_by_ssh which produces usage output on a
> single line. This is a quick fix to providing a Usage parsing
> interface.

Now I see why you disregarded the existing developer guidelines so many
times.

Could the usage parsing interface be done at the source level?

The reason I ask is because we really need a tool to do it there anyway.

Several times we have either provided an option and failed to document
it, or provided documentation for an option that was not added to the
getopt array or was not handled on the getopt processing.

So I have come to believe we need a cdoe checker for that case. It would
seem that a usage parse tree would be a natural outcome of such a
checkier. And would tie into discussions about embedded docbook
documentation which could be used to generate help doc in man page,
html, or PDF format.

--
Karl