[Nagiosplug-devel] Re: [Nagiosplug-team] test harnesses status

Ton Voon tonvoon at mac.com
Tue Nov 23 12:15:07 CET 2004

On 23 Nov 2004, at 01:22, Matthew Kent wrote:

> Wondering what the last word on the status of the test harness was? I
> tried it and found around half didn't pass for various reasons.
>
> Last I see of it is a note in the new plugins section of the developer
> guidelines saying documentation on sample tests is coming soon.

I did some work on the tests last year, but otherwise they have been
neglected. I think the problem I had was that the messages being
checked were always being changed, which made it harder to check.

> Is this something that should be revisited and updated?

Definitely updated. Question is: is it going to be a requirement for
the 1.4 release? I think yes, but not enough to stop the release
schedule.

I've copied this to the nagiosplug-devel group because this should not
just be sent to the team.