[Nagiosplug-devel] Re:_[Nagiosplug-devel]_Re:_french_translations, _first_pass, _somequestions,_first_cleanup?=

Ton Voon tonvoon at mac.com
Tue Nov 23 15:09:00 CET 2004

On 23 Nov 2004, at 19:27, Yves Mettier wrote:

>> Andreas says "do what GNU do", I say go with that.
>
> google search...
> http://www.traduc.org/pipermail/traduc/2001-September/000500.html
>
> I did not take time to search something about the name, but here,
> notice that RMS says
> nothings.

Yves, thanks for the link. My take on names is that it should be
written how the person originally wants it.

So in summary:

- short help is not translated
- long help has options in English language, but with translated text
- copyright kept in English
- copyright holder names kept in original text

I'll update the developer guidelines.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this interesting discussion.