[Nagiosplug-devel] Closing Support Requests

Ton Voon tonvoon at mac.com
Tue Nov 23 17:14:07 CET 2004

On 18 Nov 2004, at 22:33, Ton Voon wrote:

> In an attempt to focus (aka trying to minimise the amount of admin), I
> was thinking of closing the Support Requests Tracker in SF and move
> all calls into Bugs. I don't think there's really a distinction.
> Agree?

Thanks for the replies from Jason Martin and nodata.

Jason says that the mailing list is a better place for support
requests, which I agree with. With a vote of 1 for and 0 against, I've
now closed the Support Requests tracker, moved everything into Bugs
(whether actually applicable or not - note to self to look through them
at some time) and put a news item to explain:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=425173.

nodata says that SF's bug tracker system is a pain to use. I agree in
that it seems v slow, but the principle of keeping a track of
outstanding problems is crucial. If someone can recommend a reasonable
alternative, I'm happy to look into it.