[Nagiosplug-devel] some modif needed in translating the plugins

Ton Voon tonvoon at mac.com
Mon Nov 29 16:26:04 CET 2004

On 29 Nov 2004, at 00:46, Benoit Mortier wrote:

> #: plugins/check_http.c:953
> HTTP problem: %s - %.3f second response time %s%s|%s %s\n ->> should
> that be
> ERROR or WARNING
This is going to be difficult to do, so I'm going to play chicken and
leave this one, unless someone has a good patch.

> #: plugins/check_http.c:974
> CRITICAL - string not found%s|%s %s\n ->>> missing a space between
> found and
> %s
This is deliberately without a space, because there is meant to be a
</A> if the output is in html.

> #: plugins/check_http.c:1009
> HTTP WARNING: page size %d too small%s|%s\n ->>> missing a space
> between
> small and %s
ditto

> #: plugins/check_ide-smart.c:163
> Critical: SMART_READ_VALUES: %s\n ->>> Critical: should be capitalized
>
> Critical, Warning, Error, Unknow should be capitalized in all the
> plugins.
I've capitalised the parts that make sense, but the output from this
program looks very inconsistent.

> #: plugins/check_ide-smart.c:228
> Critical: %d Harddrive PreFailure%cDetected! %d/%d tests failed.\n
> ->>> %c
> should have space before and after
The code is trying to cater for plurals by putting a "s" for %c if
there is more than one PreFailure. The gettext has a good example for
plurals with this:

printf (ngettext ("%d file removed", "%d files removed", n), n);

However, I don't know how to use gettext for something like "%d/%d
tests failed". Does anyone have a good example?

> #: plugins/urlize.c:105
> %s problem - No data received from host\n
> CMD: %s</A>\n  ->> should that be ERROR or WARNING
Changed to UNKNOWN

Sorry couldn't be more help.