[Nagiosplug-devel] Passing arguments to a servce?

nodata nagios at nodata.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 03:35:26 CEST 2004

How can I pass an argument to a service?

I have many hosts, each running multiple Sybase databases.
I have a plugin that checks whether the Sybase database is up.

The plugin requires four arguments to connect:
 * user
 * pass
 * dbsvr (note that this is not the hostname)
 * dbname

My question is: Because I cannot use the $HOSTNAME$ macro to make a
generic SYBASE-Server service, how can I still have a generic
SYBASE-Server service, with custom arguments passed to its check_command?

Your help would really be appreciated.

Thanks