[Nagiosplug-devel] Passing arguments to a servce?

Ighor Toth ighor at brasilcenter.com.br
Tue Oct 5 05:40:03 CEST 2004

You can put on 'checkcommands.cfg' file anything you want.. you can
create multiple fixed checkcommands like:

# 'check_your_check01' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_your_check01
        command_line    $USER1$/check_your_check $HOSTADDRESS$ USER PASS DBSVR DBNAME
        }

this frist dont have $ARGx$ only fixed parameters
OR you can do this.. (mix)

# 'check_your_check02' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_your_check02
        command_line    $USER1$/check_your_check $HOSTADDRESS$ USER PASS $ARG1$ DBSVR DBNAME
        }

# 'check_your_check03' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_your_check03
        command_line    $USER1$/check_your_check 192.168.0.1 USER PASS DBSVR DBNAME
        }

you must put in services the name in command_name like:

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of service template to use

        host_name                       MY-SERVER
        service_description             CHECK_YOUR_CHECK01
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           10
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  LOCAL-admins
        notification_interval           20
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   check_your_check!USER!PASS!DBSVR!DBNAME
        }

OR
fixed:

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of service template to use

        host_name                       MY-SERVER
        service_description             CHECK_YOUR_CHECK03
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           10
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  LOCAL-admins
        notification_interval           20
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   check_your_check03!
        }

"nodata" <nagios at nodata.co.uk>@lists.sourceforge.net em 05/10/2004 07:30:39

Enviado Por:      nagiosplug-devel-admin at lists.sourceforge.net