[Nagiosplug-devel] Suggested alterations to the Performance Protocoll

Yves Mettier ymettier at libertysurf.fr
Tue Sep 14 06:00:01 CEST 2004

> Yves,
>
>> I suggest a new vote. Who is for/against:
>> 1| label=valueUOM;range... | <xml>extra data</xml>
>> 2| label=valueUOM;range... label='string'
>> 3| label=valueUOM;range... label='string' | <xml>extra data</xml>
>> 4| other suggestion ?
>
> Can I make a suggestion?  IF we include textual data:  Can we limit the
> data strictly to comparable enumeration lists?  Eg, IP addresses.
> Therefore stuff which can be drawn on a pie chart, gant chart, or
> similar graphical output?

I don't think we can limit that.
For pie|gant charts, you can do it with any string.

> Since I am the gue who will be programming these outputs, (with what
> ever file name extension :), I would like to suggest this so that
> something meaningful can be done with the data.

select count(*) from table where count(value) > 10%
With that, you forget strings that appear only once and draw data when they appear at
least in 10% of the data. With the missing data, you can put "unknown" :)

Yves (SQL's worst programmer :)

--
- Homepage    - http://ymettier.free.fr - http://www.logicacmg.com -
- GPG key     - http://ymettier.free.fr/gpg.txt                    -