[Nagiosplug-devel] support for HEAD in check_http.c

Austin Godber godber at uberhip.com
Tue Sep 21 12:46:04 CEST 2004

Hello,
	I was wondering whether there had been any discussion of adding support
for HEAD requests in check_http?  Is there any reason that this isn't
really easy to do?  I have attached a patch that accomplishes this but I
am uncertain of the ramifications in other parts of check_http.c.
	It does seem to work for me, even for SSL connections.  I haven't added
things like mutual exclusion of POST and HEAD.  At the moment it will
just use which ever one comes first in the options list.
	Let me know if you see anything suspicious or if I have made the diff
wrong or haven't followed the development guide properly or something.
Or if there is something that this breaks, I tested a few things but I
am happy enough with its performance that I think I will safely use it
just with the -D and -H switch safely.

Austin Godber