[Nagiosplug-devel] New Plugin: Check SNMP OperStatus by given IP Address

Hendrik Baecker b00mer at gmx.net
Tue Apr 26 03:46:06 CEST 2005

Hi Lists,

I've just sit down in my sandbox and wrote a little Perl Script to get
the SNMP Interface Operating Status by a given IP Adress of an Subinterface.

How it began: Until yesterday we were checking our Cisco Router
Subinterfaces witch the normal check_snmp with the OID to the OperStatus.

Every time a router bootet or other Interfaces went away or comes new,
possibly the hole configured SNMP IDs for every single Subinterface were
wrong.
So I had a look how MRTG is working and grepped some idea from it.

The Plugin must be called with 4 Arguments: Host IP, Community,
Interface IP, Expected Value of OperStatus.

It uses a Mysql DB with a little table to store the last checked SNMP ID
for the Interfaces, update the table if the ID has changed.

More Information at:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/SNMP.51.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=251

Sorry, but until now there is no realy Project Homepage, just a dead
link to a private Gaming Site of mine... If I got enough time I will
perhaps create some Webpage.

Greetings
Hendrik