[Nagiosplug-devel] Passive checks, command_files, and locks?

f1216 at netscape.net f1216 at netscape.net
Tue Apr 26 14:53:20 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have been developing a number of passive plugins that write to the nagios.cmd fifo.  I have been looking around to see if there is any
convention for locking writes to this pipe.  What I have been seeing is
that occasionally (on RH 3.0) the writes get intermixed and the plugin
data is incomplete or improperly formed.

Are there any conventions within Nagios to obtain a lock before writing
to this file?

Thanks
-Fred

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.