[Nagiosplug-devel] check_disk and UFS cdroms

Nik Sands Nik.Sands at utas.edu.au
Thu Aug 4 06:04:15 CEST 2005

Hi Nagios Plugin Developers,

The check_disk plugin is causing some problems.  Whenever we insert a
CDROM that mounts as UFS, we get an alarm (0% free of course).  I've
already excluded hsfs from the filesystem types to check, but it's
still a problem for UFS mounted CDs.

I cannot exclude specific paths or devices either, because there is
no way of knowing what the exact set of mount points will be (under
Solaris, a CD is usually mounted at /cdrom/cdrom0 AND at /cdrom/
name_of_cd).  I could exclude the cdrom0 mountpoint, but not the name
of the CD mountpoint.

I've tried to exclude /cdrom/*, but of course that is expanded by the
shell, and is unhelpful.

Is there any other way to get this to work as desired, or could the
plugin be modified so exclude any path at or under a specfied path
(ie, equivalent to exluding /cdrom/*)? Or any other way the plugin
can be improved to get this to work?

Thanks for you consideration!

(Please CC any replies I need to see to me, as I'm not a member of
the list).

Cheers,
Nik.

NIK SANDS - Systems Administrator, IT Services, University of
Tasmania, Australia
     Phone:  +61-3-63243732 (BH)
     VoIP (Free Call):  (1800 262 218) 393 658821
     AIM / iChat:  brassnix