[Nagiosplug-devel] Success with minor issues: AIX 4.3, check_ldaps, Perl syntax

Hosey, Chester Chester.Hosey at gianteagle.com
Thu Aug 4 08:11:18 CEST 2005

This probably doesn't too many people, but I'm reporting it anyway in
accordance with the note at http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/.

I successfully built nagios-plugins 1.4 on an AIX 4.3 machine using gcc
3.3 from Bull Freeware (for the archives: others with similar setups
will also need gettext from Bull Freeware in order to get gcc to work,
otherwise gcc will fail with something like "dependent module
libintl.a(shr.o) could not be loaded").

Most of the plugins built successfully. There were some minor issues:

1) The generated Makefiles include -R/usr/local/lib
   Workaround: vi `find . -name Makefile`, remove -R/usr/local/lib

2) The link check_ldaps->check_ldap was generated despite the fact that
check_ldap itself wasn't built.

3) The "use lib" line in many of the generated Perl scripts wasn't
syntactically correct -- it read:

   use lib "/usr/local/nagios/libexec" /libexec

   The line should probably have read:

   use lib "/usr/local/nagios/libexec", "/libexec";

   Note the added quotes and semicolon. Since /libexec doesn't exist on
this system anyways, I just edited the line to read:

   use lib "/usr/local/nagios/libexec";

4) Line 50 of check_breeze reads:
   $sig = `snmpgetuser/local/bin/snmpget

   Based on the successfully built copy on my Red Hat machine, it should
read (with possible path adjustments):

   $sig = `/usr/bin/snmpget $host $opc_C .1.3.6.1.4.1.710.3.2.3.1.3.0`;

   Although since snmpget doesn't exist on this system the plugin should
probably not have been build/installed at all.

5) I had to make check_load setuid root. When run without root
permissions, it returns '0 0 0' as the load average.

These are easy to work around with rm and vi, so please consider this a
report of success.

Chet