[Nagiosplug-devel] check_oracle arguments

Matthias Eble matthias.eble at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com
Wed Dec 7 08:14:00 CET 2005

Hi list,

I recently read the check_oracle source and think, there could be added
some getopt command line parsing. This would unfortunately lead to
complete incompatibility with old nrpe configurations.

Is there a special reason why positional arguments are used in check_oracle?
What do you think about adding some getopt functionality?

Additionaly there are several check_ora* plugins in the contrib dir,
providing further functionality which could be merged into check_oracle.

I already added these things to my local check_oracle.

But how do you think about that?

matthias

p.s Is it correct, that check oracle has not been modified for 12months?