[Nagiosplug-devel] build error - SOLVED

jeff vier boinger at tradingtechnologies.com
Wed Feb 9 08:08:40 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 11:07 -0600, jeff vier wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 03:44 -0600, Voon, Ton wrote:
> > Sigh. Maybe I should have left well alone. I thought we were going to
> > get
> > better compiles with the coreutils synchronisation...
> >
> > Which platform is this on? I think all the detection code should be
> > in
> > m4/fsusage.m4. I'm definitely getting detection on Sol2.6 and MacOSX
> > (lib/Makefile shows: "LIBOBJS =  error$U.o getloadavg$U.o mountlist
> > $U.o
> > fsusage$U.o" on Sol2.6), so maybe there's a bug on your platform
> > (though I
> > find that hard to believe). What happens if you compile coreutils
> > 5.2.1?
>
> I am experiencing this exact same problem on Red Hat ES3.1.
>
> I compiled and installed coreutils 5.2.1.
> No change for me...
>
> Any ideas?

Sorry to reply to myself, but I 'fixed' it.

I compiled a fresh coreutils (as mentioned before) with no improvement

So, I just started updating all my dev tools to current.
automake went to v1.9.4 (from v1.6.3)
make went to 3.80 (from v3.79)

Now it works smashingly (with only a few non-fatal complaints about
underquoted definitions with the new strict automake syntax).

--boinger