[Nagiosplug-devel] RFC: making a 1.4.1 release?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Jul 5 14:36:37 CEST 2005

Ton Voon wrote:
> On 4 Jul 2005, at 18:56, sean finney wrote:
>
>> hi all,
>>
>> given that most of the commits in the past couple months have been
>> bugfixes and not feature additions, how do folks feel about making
>> a 1.4.1 release with said bugfixes?
>>

>>     sean
>>

> Yes, this is a good idea. Thanks for all your work, Sean.
>
> Can I suggest a release in two weeks, say, Thurs 21st July, to allow
> any other fixes to be thrown in?

If this is the case and the np_runcmd() framework is to go in, I'd
strongly suggest downloading the latest fixes for those from
http://oss.op5.se/nagios

The package is called "op5plugins.tar.gz" (I'll upload a new one
tomorrow or so, with lots of other fixes as well).

Apart from np_runcmd() it contains more or less only code cleanups,
contrib integration (with necessary improvements) and dropping of
obsoleted code.

> I haven't been working on the  plugins
> recently, but I've got a bit of time soon so I'll try some  builds. I
> noticed someone had dropped in a new testing suite which  I'd like to
> commit.

I tried to download and grok it, but the file seems to be corrupt. I'm
working on a different harness which might be of interest. Given a new
config parser module and the np_runcmd framework, paired with the
evaluation code I wrote when I was discussing parallell execution with
whoever it was made it extremely fast, flexible and easy to the point of
being scary to write tests for. It's got a cool name too. I'll spam the
plugin-devel list when it's ready.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer