[Nagiosplug-devel] RFC: making a 1.4.1 release?

Ton Voon tonvoon at mac.com
Wed Jul 6 14:00:08 CEST 2005

Sean,

On 6 Jul 2005, at 13:47, sean finney wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 08:35:13AM +0100, Ton Voon wrote:
>
>> Sean, you didn't answer the question re: recent changes to HEAD for
>> the 1.4.1 release. Do we need to patch the r1_4 branch?
>>

> yes, for at least all of the changes that i've committed.  i'll go
> back through the cvs log and apply them to r1_4 in the next few days.

You going back through all the fixes you've already done to HEAD is
what I am trying to avoid.

I think we generally agree. But to make it worse, I've just taken a
look and the branch is actually called r1_4-patches. Sigh. My fault
for the inconsistency.

Can we get agreement on the names? I suggest rx_y_z as the static tag
for a release, with bx_y (uncreated yet) as the branch name. So, in
two weeks, a r1_4_1 will be created.

I suggest ignoring r1_4-patches. HEAD is the only active branch at
the moment, with all the 1.4.x stuff now. r1_4_1 will be created from
HEAD. That's saved you some work. Let's go a few more months in this
state. When we are ready for major changes, we'll create a b1_4 and
HEAD becomes the 1.5 development train.