Antwort: Re: [Nagiosplug-devel] Nagios plugins CPAN-like archive (was: Obsoleted contrib and tarballs files) [Virus checked]

Matthias.Eble at kaufland.de Matthias.Eble at kaufland.de
Tue Jul 12 01:54:36 CEST 2005

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 11:10:35PM +0100, Ton Voon wrote:
> Hadn't thought of the namespace situation. CPAN does have control
> over what namespace perl modules can take, at least at a top level.
> Not sure how this would work for plugins, which is just a single
> file name... Any ideas on controlling this? Or is it even a problem?

I think it's sth that should be thought about. Recently there was a
discussion about redundant plugins in the cvs.
Could a NP-CPAN lead to redundant plugins like eg check_http check_http2
(,...)?

I haven't reviewed many plugins, but in my opinion (i'm not the greatest
coder) there are already some plugins at nagiosexchange,
which are improvable. What do you think about it? Is there enough
attention paid to the Guidelines?