[Nagiosplug-devel] Re: Auxiliary files required by plugins and other questions

Paul L. Allen pla at softflare.com
Fri Jul 22 09:29:19 CEST 2005

Paul L. Allen writes:

> Or come up with some other devious mechanism.  Which I just have.  :)

*Sigh*  Scratch that idea.  Either clamav doesn't cope with polymorphisms
that include offsetting the start of the virus and putting a jump at the
start of the file or it's clever enough that it knows what a valid jump
would look like.  I supposed that it was too much to hope that it would
detect a virus embedded in an arbitrary file where it wasn't actually
harmful.

It looks like it will have to be the command-line switch.

--
Paul Allen
Softflare Support