[Nagiosplug-devel] check_dhcp unicast patch

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Jun 10 06:53:55 CEST 2005

Ahoy. First off, sorry for the last patch, which was slightly on the
large side. I should have compressed it, probably.

Heiti Ernits, an employee at Boras Kommun has added unicast support to
the check_dchp plugin. I reworked it a bit to be more general and
removed the hardcoded stuff. I also added detection of ones own
IP-address to use for the return route.

It gives check_dhcp the ability to mimic a dhcp-relay server, which use
unicast when talking to the server and therefore can be used to query
dhcp-servers on separate and even remote subnets. There are routing
rules ofcourse. Querying a dhcp-server with ip 192.168.0.4 on subnet A
from 192.168.0.3 on subnet B won't work, as the dhcp-server then will
redirect its responses to a host on the same subnet (which may or may
not exist) rather than the correct server. Sane networks probably won't
suffer from it, and it may be possible to work around it (although I
can't imagine how).

Apply with patch -p1 < nagiosplug-check_dhcp-unicast.diff

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer