[Nagiosplug-devel] check_dhcp unicast patch

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Mon Jun 27 21:17:14 CEST 2005

hi,

continuing on making my way through a backlog of mail...

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 03:49:18PM +0200, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> Ahoy. First off, sorry for the last patch, which was slightly on the
> large side. I should have compressed it, probably.
>
> Apply with patch -p1 < nagiosplug-check_dhcp-unicast.diff

the applies, but the plugin then fails to compile.  looks like a missing
'\n\' in the usage function.  however, after i apply the patch, i can't
seem to get the plugin to work.  i get a bunch of messages on the
dhcp server like:

dhcpd: parse_option_buffer: option boot-size (126) larger than buffer.
dhcpd: parse_option_buffer: option boot-size (126) larger than buffer.
dhcpd: parse_option_buffer: option #130 (48) larger than buffer.
dhcpd: parse_option_buffer: option #130 (48) larger than buffer.

which seem to vary with what option and size they report, so i'm
thinking maybe uninitialized memory or improperly set field in the dhcp
options.

though... now that i've tried with the cvs version, i get the same
error.  any ideas?

	sean