[Nagiosplug-devel] Obsoleted contrib and tarballs files

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Sun Jun 26 13:35:15 CEST 2005

sean finney wrote:
> hey,
>
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 12:17:08PM +0200, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
>
>>check_rbl.c, rblcheck* - abusive and cause for black-listing (which is
>>funny, since they check for blacklisted domains)
>

> abusive because of the typical frequency, or what?

Yes. I'm not completely positive how it works, but being run with a 15
minute interval makes it stop working after about 3 hours. It also
pollutes the black-lists.

>>check_mem.pl - easily obsoleted by a fork of check_swap (or __progname
>>logic).
>

> then i'll leave this around until then.
>

>>check_timeout.c - should really be in nagios/testing of the nagios core
>>distribution, or dropped completely.
>

> don't know enough about what this one does.

It times out. It can't do any competent work and is designed only to
test Nagios' capability of slaying misbehaving plugins. I have a few
other plugins which are equally useless for end users, so I'll submit
them to the core project or perhaps build a small tarball of my own. It
should only be used by very few very devoted beta-testers, so it's
probably best to keep them separated from anything resembling "live"
plugins.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer