[Nagiosplug-devel] Kickoff for 1.5

Ton Voon tonvoon at mac.com
Fri Mar 4 13:00:28 CET 2005

Hi!

I've taken a break from the plugins, but I can put some time back in
now. There looks to be little development, but lots of bug reports
coming in, so that's more stuff to get on with!

I've had a think about the discussions that Andreas Ericsson and Terje
Bless had about version levels (thread "Hooray - 1.4 is out! What
next?") and I think they make sense. So what I've done now is branch at
the current CVS to 1_4-patches. Please commit to HEAD for the 1.5
release.

If you come across a bug that should be applied to 1.4 as well as to
HEAD, please fix HEAD and 1_4-patches. Please shout up if you think
there should be a 1.4.1 release (does the check_icmp fix in makefile
warrant it right now?).

I'll also change the SF snapshot to only include CVS HEAD and the 1.4
branch now, so 1.3 is truly dead.

I've also updated doc/RELEASING to include these instructions, so they
don't get lost next time.

So, what do people want to see for 1.5? My first thoughts are:
- more translations
- ps checks in configure.in to base on OS first, then "figuring it out"
- a better web site at http://nagiosplug.sf.net
- move more plugins from contrib into core

I'm looking for volunteers as well as wish lists. :)