[Nagiosplug-devel] Kickoff for 1.5

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Fri Mar 4 14:38:23 CET 2005

hi ton,

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 08:59:27PM +0000, Ton Voon wrote:
> So, what do people want to see for 1.5? My first thoughts are:
> - more translations
> - ps checks in configure.in to base on OS first, then "figuring it out"
> - a better web site at http://nagiosplug.sf.net
> - move more plugins from contrib into core

i've been lurking around for the past few months, focusing more of my
time on nagios itself (i maintain the debian nagios packages), but
i've been watching developments as they unfold.  congratulations
on finally making it to 1.4, btw!

what would be a big plus for me would be a more integrated inclusion
of snmp-based checks.  much of what we do now at the installations
where i use nagios is via ssh based checks, which unfortunately doesn't
scale very well.  much of what we monitor on these hosts is also
exported via snmp (and graphed via cacti), and there already exist a
bunch of snmp-based checks in contrib, but with a lot of redundant
code and not really a consistant feel from what i remember.

so, to both add something to your list and also offer myself as a
volunteer, that's something i'd be interested in helping out with,
as well as with whatever proofreading qa checking you'd like to do
on some of the other plugins as well.

	sean