8Re: [Nagiosplug-devel] Kickoff for 1.5

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Wed Mar 9 14:04:14 CET 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Ton Voon wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've taken a break from the plugins, but I can put some time back in now.
> There looks to be little development, but lots of bug reports coming in, so
> that's more stuff to get on with!
>
> I've had a think about the discussions that Andreas Ericsson and Terje Bless
> had about version levels (thread "Hooray - 1.4 is out! What next?") and I
> think they make sense. So what I've done now is branch at the current CVS to
> 1_4-patches. Please commit to HEAD for the 1.5 release.
>
> If you come across a bug that should be applied to 1.4 as well as to HEAD,
> please fix HEAD and 1_4-patches. Please shout up if you think there should be
> a 1.4.1 release (does the check_icmp fix in makefile warrant it right now?).
>
> I'll also change the SF snapshot to only include CVS HEAD and the 1.4 branch
> now, so 1.3 is truly dead.
>
> I've also updated doc/RELEASING to include these instructions, so they don't
> get lost next time.
>
> So, what do people want to see for 1.5? My first thoughts are:
> - more translations
> - ps checks in configure.in to base on OS first, then "figuring it out"
> - a better web site at http://nagiosplug.sf.net
> - move more plugins from contrib into core
>
> I'm looking for volunteers as well as wish lists. :)
>
> Ton

Agree with the list
Additions:
  - documentations/howtos/examples (I think that this fell off the list in
    '03)
  - some platform specific directories and non-portable plugins (win32)

  - perhaps a separate CVS module for the CPAN Nagios::* modules

  - CVS module or dir for report generation scripts and notification
    scripts

--

-sg