[Nagiosplug-devel] Kickoff for 1.5

Patrick Proy nagios at proy.org
Wed Mar 9 15:49:41 CET 2005

 Hi,

[...]
> yeah, i wasn't planning on using the actual mibs, since there isn't a
> point and like you said it requires more stuff to be around.  below is
> a basic rundown of what you can monitor.
> things marked with a '+'
> are stand-alone entries.  things marked with a '*' are indexed
> entries.
>
> ucd/net mib:
>
> * processes (by name, like "httpd")
>   - built in minimum / maximum threshold (server side configured)
>   - total count
> + virtual memory
>   - total / used / free
> * disks (not automatically exported, configured server side)
>   - total / used / free
>   - built in minimum free space threshold (server side configured)
> + load average
>   - 1, 5, 10 minute averages
>   - built in maximum threshold (server side configured)
> + cpu usage
>  - user, system, nice

[....]

I wrote some perl plugins for (nearly) all this, but i mainly use MIB II for
compatibility and so nothing is configured server side.
I also tried to export data to performance data when it was possible.

When I asked a few months ago, nobody seemed to be willing to group the
multiple perl snmp plugins, but it would be a VERY good idea.

Patrick
nagios at proy.org
http://www.manubulon.com/nagios/