[Nagiosplug-devel] Code cleanup patch

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue May 24 11:25:58 CEST 2005

sean finney wrote:
> hey,
>
> On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 04:51:32PM +0200, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
>
>>Whoa! Sorry for my previous pessimistic posting, but this is the first
>>time I've gotten a reply other than "send it to the tracker" (where
>>nothing has ever happened). Thanks a million.
>

> i think submissions should still go there as a general rule, because
> it does provide a way for everyone to keep a better grasp on the state
> of things.

Hmm... Last time I did (2005-02-18 07:23, according to the tracker),
nothing happened. It hasn't even been assigned yet, even though it
cleared up about a dozen of the unassigned bug at that time. Another
reason for not using the tracker is the extremely slow response times I
get from it. Submitting a single item there takes about 30 seconds (for
the upload), so with more than one patch I'll have given up long before
I'm done with the cleanup.

>  being relatively new to the development team, i'm also a bit
> weary of rocking the boat too much on what basically amounts to a
> procedural issue.

Umm... Not to be mean to the other devs or anything, but how many of
them have done any commits lately? There's Stanley Hopcroft in late
april (1), Harper Mann in early april (1), Matthew Kent in mid march
(1), and then there's you, who has done all but one commits since you
entered the team. Ton Voon has two as well, but one doesn't really count
(THANKS file) and the other was an external patch to a no-brain bug.

In conclusion; I've got patches, and you've got commit access so we
should simply do what's easiest for you, as you're active and other devs
are not (atm anyways).

>>Sorry if I take this as an invitation to pelt the list with various code
>>cleanups and bugfixes ;). If you'd rather deal with it off-list (IRC?
>>IM?), that's fine by me.
>

> i'll send you my contact info privately, though i'm still going to
> suggest that you in parallel post into the tracker anything you send
> to me.

Hmm... Hate to see work down the drain, but I'll give it a shot anyways.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer