[Nagiosplug-devel] Re: Welcome to the "Nagiosplug-devel" mailing list

Pio Niyi piouso at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 18:27:01 CET 2005

Hi all,
I'm a newbie to Nagios and I'm trying to monitor https on my servers but I
can't seem to understand some of the options and their outputs my questios
are:

1) for example what does this output mean in English:

./check_tcp -H somehost.com <http://somehost.com> -p 443 -v
Using service TCP
Port: 0
flags: 0x6
server_expect_count: 0
TCP OK - 0.000 second response time on port
443|time=0.000484s;0.000000;0.000000;0.000000;10.000000

2) What parameters do I use to measure the -w (warnings) and -c (critical)
threshold..

3) I also noticed that when I ran nmap on the servers port 443 was open then
after a while it wasn't open then I get connection refused error how do I
monitor this service or do I enable flapping for this service??

or maybe I'm missing some basics if I am pls. can u send links of some
tutorials on how to successfully monitor this service as it is crucial to
the services my company offers.
thanks in advance

--
"I might be a slow walker but I never walk backwards"
-Johnny Walker