[Nagiosplug-devel] dig/nslookup wait() problems - RedHat support responses # Part 1

srunschke at abit.de srunschke at abit.de
Tue Sep 6 06:38:07 CEST 2005

Got the first response today:

> Can you please provide a sysreport of the system. This can be generated
by
> running the command sysreport as root. This contains useful information
> which may be required by the engineer handling this escalation.
>
> From tests, it appears that the problem affects 2.6.9-11 kernels.
> It seems to work fine with the 2.6.9-5 kernel. Can you try recreating
> this on a 2.6.9-5 kernel if you are using a 2.6.9-11 kernel.

I don't know why I should try it on a 2.6.9-5 machine now if they
already found out that the older kernel is not affected...
I launched a freshly installed RHES4 in a VMWare session and the
child_test runs absolutely smooth in there - as expected considering
what the support said.

So hang on what he'll be telling me after studying my sysreport ;)

regards
        sash

Sascha Runschke
Netzwerk Administration