[Nagiosplug-devel] dig/nslookup wait() problems - RedHat support responses # Part 2

srunschke at abit.de srunschke at abit.de
Mon Sep 19 03:48:10 CEST 2005

Ok, RedHat engineering finally came back to me.

"It seems a patch to fix this may already exist. Engineering
would like to know if you would like a test kernel with the patch
included. If it appears to work for you we can later provide a
supportable hotfix kernel until such a time as an official errata
(currently scheduled for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, Update 3)
with this patch becomes available."

So I'm waiting for them to send that patched kernel to me
and see if it fixes the problem. Sadly I will most likely only
receive a binary kernel at first, so I cannot check what they
actually changed. But if the approved hotfix comes through
I can take a glimpse at the source.

regards
        sash

Sascha Runschke