[Nagiosplug-devel] check_dns: DNS WARNING - nslookup returned error status

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Mon Sep 12 03:43:00 CEST 2005

Hi!

I've had a think about this problem and regardless of Red Hat's fix
(and it looks like it is something in their kernel, rather than
incorrect programming on our side), we going to need to have a patch
for this in the plugins. However, since it is only for the redhat
kernel, I'm not convinced that popen.c should be changed globally.

So I've just applied a patch where the configure script will pick up
if this problem exists on red hat systems only. Peter's patch has
been added to popen.c with ifdefs around it.

Let me know if you agree or disagree with this method.

Sascha, I'll still like to know what Red Hat say about this problem,
even if it is just to amend the configure script to report their
patch number to fix.

I've tested this on a redhat server with the problem and on a Debian
server and it appears to work fine. I'd be grateful for any other
reports before releasing a 1.4.2 version.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243
F: +44 (0)845 280 1725
Skype: tonvoon

The contents of this email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individuals to
whom it
is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or have received
this
e-mail in error please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail
immediately. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the
material in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.