[Nagiosplug-devel] check_dns: DNS WARNING - nslookup returned error status

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Mon Sep 12 04:03:20 CEST 2005

hey ton,

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 11:42:06AM +0100, Ton Voon wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've had a think about this problem and regardless of Red Hat's fix
> (and it looks like it is something in their kernel, rather than
> incorrect programming on our side), we going to need to have a patch
> for this in the plugins. However, since it is only for the redhat
> kernel, I'm not convinced that popen.c should be changed globally.
>
> So I've just applied a patch where the configure script will pick up
> if this problem exists on red hat systems only. Peter's patch has
> been added to popen.c with ifdefs around it.

that sounds like the best solution, all things considered.  if/when
the problem goes away, the test and ifdefs can be removed and we're
right back where we are now, if we haven't gone further.

> I've tested this on a redhat server with the problem and on a Debian
> server and it appears to work fine. I'd be grateful for any other
> reports before releasing a 1.4.2 version.

before you release 1.4.2, i have a couple of simple localization-based issues
i'd like to fix (i'll send a seperate email about that shortly), if
possible.

	sean