[Nagiosplug-devel] New ps utility for Solaris check_procs

Bob Ingraham bobi at netshel.net
Tue Sep 13 08:54:16 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'd like to help-out by contributing some of the patches I've made to our
site's Nagios installation.

We currently hundreds of servers under many different OSes:
(AIX,Solaris,Linux,True64,VMS,OS/2,Netware,Windows)

I've got a large test bed for each of these platforms and have been
patching as I go along.

Also, I've also ported nrpe and many of the plugins to True64 and VMS, if
that helps.

One of the problems that I've run into on Solaris is that the built-in ps
program truncates the process argument list to 80 bytes.  So, I've written
a small, "alternate" ps utility that works with check_procs to get around
this limit.

It's been debugged and works well within our Solaris server farm.

Is this something I should submit?

Thanks,
Bob Ingraham