[Nagiosplug-devel] New ps utility for Solaris check_procs

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Tue Sep 13 09:04:31 CEST 2005

Bob,

That sounds great. If you could supply your patches to SF's patch
tracker at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?
group_id=29880&atid=397599, we'll look into it. Give me a nudge if
there is no action :)

We are only developing against CVS HEAD at the moment, so if you
patch against that, it will increase the chances of it getting in.

Re: Solaris ps command, are there any other command flags that do
provide > 80 chars commands?

Ton

On 13 Sep 2005, at 16:53, Bob Ingraham wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to help-out by contributing some of the patches I've made
> to our
> site's Nagios installation.
>
> We currently hundreds of servers under many different OSes:
> (AIX,Solaris,Linux,True64,VMS,OS/2,Netware,Windows)
>
> I've got a large test bed for each of these platforms and have been
> patching as I go along.
>
> Also, I've also ported nrpe and many of the plugins to True64 and
> VMS, if
> that helps.
>
> One of the problems that I've run into on Solaris is that the built-
> in ps
> program truncates the process argument list to 80 bytes.  So, I've
> written
> a small, "alternate" ps utility that works with check_procs to get
> around
> this limit.
>
> It's been debugged and works well within our Solaris server farm.
>
> Is this something I should submit?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob Ingraham

> Practices
> Agile & Plan-Driven Development * Managing Projects & Teams *
> Testing & QA
> Security * Process Improvement & Measurement * http://www.sqe.com/
> bsce5sf
> nagiosplug-devel
> ::: Please include plugins version (-v) and OS when reporting any
> issue.
>

> This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController -
> www.MailController.altohiway.com

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243
F: +44 (0)845 280 1725
Skype: tonvoon

The contents of this email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individuals to
whom it
is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or have received
this
e-mail in error please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail
immediately. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the
material in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.