[Nagiosplug-devel] New ps utility for Solaris check_procs

Bob Ingraham bobi at netshel.net
Tue Sep 13 09:21:01 CEST 2005

The patch only applies to the configuration script, since the alternate ps
utility invocation just replaces the existing one defined for Solaris as
PS_COMMAND in the auto-generated config.h.

As such, there are no changes needed to check_procs.c.

As far as the changing the 80-char limit, I've been up,down and inside-out
on Solaris and developer.sun.com.  You *can* supply flags or even change
the COLUMNS environment variable, but to no avail - since the 80-byte
limit is hard-coded as a #define in the kernel's psinfo_t structure (see:
/usr/include/sys/procfs.h).  The Solaris ps utility can only get its
information from /proc using the structures defined in <sys/procfs.h> - so
that's all it sees.

So, I'd be submitting a patch for the auto-generation of PS_COMMAND for
Solaris and also submitting a new file (pst3.c) that would go - I don't
know - in the plugins directory of the source tree, perhaps?  That's where
I've implemented/deployed mine.

Bob