Antwort: [Nagiosplug-devel] Problem compiling plugins on Gentoo

srunschke at abit.de srunschke at abit.de
Mon Sep 19 03:31:25 CEST 2005

nagiosplug-devel-admin at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 16.09.2005
21:42:35:

> I've got Nagios installed just fine, but now I'm trying to install
> the plugins. As I try to compile the plugins, it seems to get stuck
> on "checking for ICMP ping syntax..." forever.
>
> Using plugin version 1.4.1, I think I just need to figure out the
> proper ping syntax and insert it into the ebuild. What is everyone
> using the "--with-ping-command=" option when configuring the plugins?

It's kinda hard to know the answer as you do not provide
enough information, especially essential one like which
system you are trying to compile on.

Nevertheless I'm going to check my crystalball, hold the line...

My crystalball says you are most likely using HP-UX 10+.

Check the archive of the mailinglist, this issue has been
discussed lately.

regards
        sash

Sascha Runschke