[Nagiosplug-devel] Problem compiling plugins on Gentoo

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Mon Sep 19 03:35:10 CEST 2005

hi paul,

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 03:42:35PM -0400, Paul Singh wrote:
> Using plugin version 1.4.1, I think I just need to figure out the
> proper ping syntax and insert it into the ebuild. What is everyone
> using the "--with-ping-command=" option when configuring the plugins?

could you give us the command it is running while hanging?  my guess
is that the gentoo version of ping is doing some kind of continuous
ping where the configure script thinks it is only supposed to do
a certain number of pings.

i can't comment too much more on it not being a gentoo user, so perhaps
you should talk to the maintainer of the gentoo ebuild.  whatever
they find we'd be interested to know though, and we could fix
our configure script to work around the problem if it is a bug
on our end.

	sean