[Nagiosplug-devel] Perl module name change request

Lars Hecking lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 6 04:45:03 CEST 2006

 Hi all,

 I ran into a serious problem with nagios-plugins-1.4.2-1.1.el3.rf.i386.rpm
 downloaded from Dag Wieers' site. This package installs utils.pm into both
 /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/ and /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/. The latter
 is causing a huge problem here: it interferes with a custom wrapper we use
 for Mentor CAD tools. This wrapper appends rather than prepends its own
 library directory to @INC; I'm not sure I can get our CAD department to
 change that (you know how it's like in a big company: procedures to be
 followed, QA etc.).

 For now, I can workaround this by removing
 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/utils.pm after rpm installation; the
 perl based plugins are not being used. But In the long term, you should
 change either the install location, or the name of the module - utils.pm
 is very generic.

 Thanks!