[Nagiosplug-devel] Nagios::Plugin api

Lawrence, Lynne Lynne.G.Lawrence at uscg.mil
Thu Aug 31 21:12:17 CEST 2006

I believe that if you put the signal handler in the BEGIN{} block of
Nagios::Plugin it will take effect when the class is loaded with the
'use' statement, even before object creation:

package Nagios::Plugin;
use strict;

our
%STAT=('OK'=>0,'WARNING'=>1,'CRITICAL'=>2,'UNKNOWN'=>3,'DEPENDENT'=>4);

BEGIN { $SIG{__DIE__} = sub { die_exit(@_) }; }
.
.
.
sub die_exit {
    my $fmt = shift;
    printf("Execution Error: " . $fmt, @_);
    exit($STAT{UNKNOWN},);
}

This way users would not have to include it in plugin scripts.

Best Regards,

Lynne Lawrence