[Nagiosplug-devel] SNMP and hardware

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Tue Dec 19 16:31:36 CET 2006

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Andy Wolstenholme wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to collect information from our various servers regarding
> hardware, specifially disk status, cluster status etc.
> Is anyone able to advise the best approach to do this.  Is this
> possible via SNMP, if so where can i locate the specific libraries where
> i can reach down to specific hardware components.
> the servers in question are running Dell openmanage so i guess, we could
> use snmp against this.

http://www.elan.net/~william/nagios/plugins/check_snmp_dell_powersupply.pl
(Dell specific plugin to check power supplies)

http://www.elan.net/~william/nagios/plugins/check_snmp_temperature.pl
(this supports Dell and Cisco a pre-set types, but can also be used
  for other types of hardware reporting SNMP temperature data)

http://www.elan.net/~william/nagios/plugins/check_snmp_table.pl
(this is incudes examples for Dell fans & voltage; it is general
  plugin though to be used for various SNMP data where the names
  of sensors are reported in one table and data in related table
  with .x endings matching names table)

If you're using Megaraid then there is great SNMP plugin for megaraid at:
  http://www.ibiblio.org/john/megaraid/

Good luck :)

--
William Leibzon