[Nagiosplug-devel] SNMP and hardware

Steffen Roegner sroegner at gmx.de
Thu Dec 28 08:18:50 CET 2006

Andy Wolstenholme schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to collect information from our various servers regarding hardware, specifially disk status, cluster status etc.
>
> Is anyone able to advise the best approach to do this.  Is this possible via SNMP, if so where can i locate the specific libraries where i can reach down to specific hardware components.
>
> the servers in question are running Dell openmanage so i guess, we could use snmp against this.
>
> Any suggestions are greatly apprecaited
>
> andy

Andy

You might want to give my check_omsa_snmp plugin a shot. It does what
you are requesting, querying dell servers with openmanage on them via snmp.
And it has the advantage of either checking all implemented features
(result would look like this: "PowerSupply, TemperatureProbe,
VoltageProbe, CoolingDevice are ok") or explicitly checking one (or
some) of these.
Some documentation (also containing the download link) can be found
here: http://www.sroegner.de/nagios/check_omsa_snmp.php

cheers
Steffen