[Nagiosplug-devel] RFC: Nagios 3 and Embedded Perl Plugins

Tobias Klausmann klausman at schwarzvogel.de
Thu Dec 21 20:10:58 CET 2006

Hi!

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Ethan Galstad wrote:
> Line 2 of a Perl plugin may start with one of the following:
>
> #USE_EPN
>
> -or-
>
> #NO_EPN
>
> Plugin devs - would you prefer different statements other than #USE_EPN
> / #NO_EPN, or are they okay?  Any other comments or suggestions?

I'd go for a more namespace-like approach:

# Nagios: use_epn
vs.
# Nagios: no_epn

also, it'd be nicer maybe to use more similar positive/negative
flags, for example +epn/-epn.

So, in all:

# Nagios: +epn
vs.
# Nagios: -epn

In the future, one could add more execution hints like this:

# Nagios: -epn,+foo,-multithreaded,+volatile

Just my loose change ;)

Regards,
Tobias

--