[Nagiosplug-devel] Checking for unknown NIS servers?

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Thu Feb 9 11:25:04 CET 2006

Hey folks,

   So, we've been burned a few times in the past weeks when an
unauthorized (accidental) NIS server was brought up on our network.
And since it didn't have the correct maps, clients that latched
onto it began having problems.  Not so much.

   I checked around nagiosexchange, and didn't find anything.  Do
any of you happen to have a Nagios check that will alert if any
unknown NIS servers answer an NIS broadcast?  Man, would I
appreciate not having to try to figure that one out.  :)

Thanks much!

Benny

--
"'And you've got 10 gig of files to put through our mail system?' I
ask, squeezing my mouse in a non-approved manner." -- BOFH, 2006-01