[Nagiosplug-devel] check_ntp bugs

Jeff Laughlin laughlin at rv-revelle.ucsd.edu
Sun Feb 19 12:30:08 CET 2006

Hello,

I had a minor problem with check_ntp I'd like to report. I had to add
the -d switch to the ntpdate arguments to make ntpdate use an
unpriviledged port, since I didn't want to run the check as root. It
seems like that should be the standard way to do it.

Also I was getting an annoying perl warning:

[scg at zeppo libexec]$ ./check_ntp -H 137.110.149.50
Use of uninitialized value in division (/) at ./check_ntp line 424.
NTP OK: Offset -0.004400 secs|offset=-0.004400, jitter=0,peer_stratum=1

that didn't really make sense since like 424 is "1;", so I just turned
off warnings. But I wanted to bring it up because it does confuse Nagios
when it sees that warning.

-Jeff