[Nagiosplug-devel] check_ping and check_icmp confusion

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Thu Feb 23 04:26:11 CET 2006

On 22 Feb 2006, at 17:48, gh wrote:

> What do people think about just dropping check_ping from the next
> version of the plugins package to avoid all this unnecessary confusion
> that is evident on the mailing lists and replace it with a symlink to
> check_icmp for backwards compatibility?

My decision is to distribute both. If there is not enough information
about the choice of using check_ping or check_icmp, I am happy to
hear suggestions on where this could be clarified.

Andreas, who is not on the team, is very vocal about check_icmp, and
I'm sure people will pickup its existence.

The CVS version will now install check_icmp with suid root if "make
install" is run as root. This will be in the 1.4.3 release around mid
March.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243