[Nagiosplug-devel] nagios-plugins with-mysql on FC3

Dennis Kuhlmeier kuhlmeier at riege.com
Wed Jul 19 13:38:59 CEST 2006

Hi Ton and Mike,

I have sort of the same problem and can provide some more details.

nagios-plugins-1.4.3 do not successfully finish the configure script
 as soon as --with-mysql is given.

This occurs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 3 (Taroon Update
 7) and Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 2.1 (Panama) and probably
 on other installations.

It succeeds on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update
 3) machine.

The error message is the same as above and appears repeatedly.

sed: file ./confstatwmNw8v/subs-3.sed line 35: Unterminated `s'
 command

After hacking around in the configure script I prevented it from
 deleting the temporary file. This is what line 35 says on the RHEL4
 machine: s, at MYSQLINCLUDE@,-I/usr/include/mysql,;t t

That looks perfectly fine.

On the other machines line 35 looks like this:

s, at MYSQLINCLUDE@,Usage: /usr/lib/mysql/mysql_config [OPTIONS]

followed by lines 36-41 containing that:

        --cflags        [-I'/usr/include/mysql']

        --libs          [-L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz -lcrypt
 -lnsl -lm]

        --socket        [/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock]

        --port          [3306]

        --version       [3.23.58],;t t

Well, sure this won't work, but why does that happen?

- Dennis Kuhlmeier (TheQL)

This thread is located in the archive at this URL:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagiosplug-devel.31.0.html?&tx_maillisttofa
q_pi1[showUid]=19788