[Nagiosplug-devel] Internationalisation on systems without gettext

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Sat Jul 29 02:52:05 CEST 2006

Hi!

Was looking for an opinion on internationalisation for the plugins.

I use coreutils as my inspiration. During the synching of the plugins
with coreutils 5.96, I've discovered that coreutils saves the po
files in CVS, so that now removes the need for gettext on a build
system. However, coreutils does not have an intl/ directory, which
means coreutils does not provide internationalisation for systems
that do not have gettext already installed.

Is it okay for the plugins to do the same? Otherwise there will need
to be some work done to get an intl/ directory created and stored in
CVS.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243