[Nagiosplug-devel] build/install errors with latest HEAD/snapshot

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Wed Jun 7 09:18:52 CEST 2006

On 6 Jun 2006, at 22:05, sean finney wrote:

> i'm still seeing the libtool-related error with check_radius in CVS
> HEAD.
> i think this is because ./tools/setup is still creating ./libtool,
> but can't be sure.  i don't seem to be having this problem with the
> snapshots, only HEAD.

My bad. tools/setup was indeed running libtoolize. Taken out now.

The reason the snapshot was okay is because I'm still manually
building the snapshots on my dev box so I don't necessarily run tools/
setup (because everything is already up to date). When SF's compile
farm evers get back (grrrr), the snapshot should be built cleanly
based only on a CVS export.

If SF's compile farm is not back in the next few days, I'll setup
snapshots somewhere else and just upload the snapshot to our website.

> secondly, it seems the install target is having trouble wrt the
> plugins-root plugins, at least on my linux boxes.  the second problem
> affects both the snapshots and HEAD.  the install target seems to
> always depend on EXTRA_PROGRAMS, which is hard-coded to always include
> pst3.  thus, when "make" is called it behaves as it should and does
> not
> build pst3, but then when "make install" is called, it attempts to
> build
> pst3 which understandably will fail on a non-SunOS box.  i think that
> changing some of the dependency references from EXTRA_PROGRAMS to
> libexec_PROGRAMS should fix things, but again i'm not sure and would
> appreciate a second look at that.

My bad again. I've updated plugins-root/Makefile.am.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243
F: +44 (0)845 280 1725