[Nagiosplug-devel] Packaging issues

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Wed Jun 7 10:43:24 CEST 2006

hey ton,

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 09:01:56AM +0100, Ton Voon wrote:
> I've also just noticed that if make install is run for a non-root
> user, the setuid plugins are still installed, but without setuid.
> I've amended plugins-root/Makefile.am so that the plugins will only
> install if make install is run as root. A warning is displayed
> otherwise. I think this will still work if you are using fakeroot -
> please let me know if it doesn't.

looks good to me.  i'll let you know if i see anything wierd the
next time i build a package, but in the meantime it does seem to
work the right way with fakeroot.

> Also, the --nagios-user=nagios configure option is not being
> respected, so plugins are never installed with the configure nagios
> user or group setting. Is this necessary to fix? My feeling is that
> this is a packaging/implementation issue. Is everyone happy for me to
> deprecate these configure options?

i see the debian package is using the options, though i can't recall
it actually doing anything important... especially since the nagios
user usually doesn't exist when the package is built and there are no
configuration files that reference the given user.  so no, i don't think
removing the option should break anything.

	sean