[Nagiosplug-devel] Packaging issues

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Wed Jun 7 10:01:56 CEST 2006

Hi!

I've also just noticed that if make install is run for a non-root
user, the setuid plugins are still installed, but without setuid.
I've amended plugins-root/Makefile.am so that the plugins will only
install if make install is run as root. A warning is displayed
otherwise. I think this will still work if you are using fakeroot -
please let me know if it doesn't.

Also, the --nagios-user=nagios configure option is not being
respected, so plugins are never installed with the configure nagios
user or group setting. Is this necessary to fix? My feeling is that
this is a packaging/implementation issue. Is everyone happy for me to
deprecate these configure options?

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243